Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 1 June 2013

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

This week I began reading The Fault In Our Stars by John Green, after it had constantly been recommended to me. The final push that made me order it was Troye Sivan's original song that he wrote about the book and the effect it had on him. The song is absolutely amazing and even without reading the book the video made me cry. I am now three quarters the way through the book and after watching Troye's video again this morning I was hysterically crying. 

I don't want to give to much away about the book, but if I was to some it up I would say that it is a love story between two teenagers and their battles with cancer. Although it is not a sappy love story in the slightest. I am usually a very slow reader however I am making my way through this book very fast. The words just flow very smoothly and I love the romance and wit. 

I do cry fairly easily at books but I have never cried so much about a book as I did last night. If you have read the book I'm sure you will know the part and I was reading and if you have not I highly suggest reading it, and then you will understand my outburst of emotion.

I cannot wait to read more of John Green's books. I absolutely love his style of writing and him generally. I have been watching him and his brother Hank's videos on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/vlogbrothers) for a couple of years now and I love the flair of their videos and their outlook on life. They are both very inspiring to me. 



If you have not already read The Fault In Our Stars I would highly highly highly recommend it. It's a fairly easy read and is quick to get through and absolutely incredible. I can definitely see myself rereading it in the future. 

Before starting to read The Fault In Our Stars I read The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I am not going to go into as much detail about The Help but I did absolutely love it. I find the issues and topics covered in The Help extremely interesting and shocking, and I adored the film. I know many people say it is always better to read the book before the film but when the film came out I was too desperate to see it to wait. I loved the film which encouraged me to read the book, and having seen the film first really helped me to picture the book more clearly. The Help is not as much as a quick read as The Fault In Our Stars but I'd say that both are perfect to read over the summer.


RV x

No comments:

Post a Comment